(Update as of Nov 2016)
Integration with a CMS is considered for 2 main objectives:
- “Face-Reactive Content Triggering”, which means that a given content is played if a condition or set of conditions (demographic/engagement ) are happening. This can be extended to “Context-reactive content triggering” where non-Quividi events (e.g coming from html5 plugins like social media, weather forecast, traffic or from other sensors such touch, gesture interactions etc.)
- “Per-content Services” such as campaign audience report, A/B testing… that provide the proven number of watchers, per-demographics, per-location and across time for a given content ; it can even analyze which part of a campaign was preferred, all that right from day1 of the campaign.
Quividi and its CMS partners provide 2 different approaches to integration:
A/ An approach where integration is managed by VidiReports and VidiCenter. In that mode:
- VidiReports listens to the ID of the content being played by the CMS player, and uploads this information concurrently with the audience measurement metrics into VidiCenter. This type of integration has been available since VidiReports 6.2 (released in November 2016); it enables the display of complete audience per content dashboards in VidiCenter.
The specifications for this type of integration are described in this article. As of today, this integration is available for Broadsign, and for HTML5 content generated with VidiStudio.
- Face-reactive content triggering works for all CMS which play HTML5 content generated with VidiStudio.
B/ An approach where integration is managed by a third-party CMS. In that mode, the player listens to the audience messages sent by VidiReports’ Real-Time API, which makes it possible for the CMS to:
- Deliver audience results by content (also known as campaign reports).
Note that those reports are provided on the CMS’ server and not in VidiCenter.
- Select the content to play depending on the profile and behavior of the audience (also known as conditional play, or content triggering)
The list of CMS that support this type of integration can be found below, with a table describing the integration level provided by each CMS.
|Publisher||Software name||# viewers by content||Demographics by content||Content Triggering on gender||Content Triggering on age class|
|BroadSign||BroadSign X 10.3 and up||Yes||Yes (11.X and up)||Yes||Yes|
|Icon Multimedia||DS Deneva Cuatro||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Net Display||PADS 4||–||–||Yes||Yes|
|RMG Networks||IVS Broadcast PC||Yes||–||Yes||Yes|
- A number of publishers are known to be working on the integration of Quividi for their upcoming release. They include:
- Scala does not natively integrate with Quividi, but a turnkey, complementary solution has been developed by DMT360.
- Identically, Digital Experiences has developed a complete integration for Appspace.
- Onelan provides VidiReports Pro on their players, but not integrated with their CMS
Share this post: