Quividi announces that its core metrics are consistent with the audience metrics guidelines proposed by OVAB (the association has been renamed DP-AA since then). With no need to upgrade their configuration, Quividi’s customers can divulge their audience data according to these guidelines which represent an acclaimed step towards harmonization of audience measurement efforts for Digital Signage. A sample report is available for download.
The American Out-of-Home Video Advertising Bureau has been in the process of negotiating, developing and delivering credible, logical, comparable metrics guidelines that will make it easier for agencies and advertisers to adopt OOH advertising more fully and to streamline it within their overall advertising budget.
The proposed audience measurement guidelines (available on the OVAB website) define the Average Unit Audience, a currency metric, which is the number and type of people exposed to the media vehicle (i.e. a screen) with an opportunity to see a unit of time equal to the network’s typical advertising unit. This metric is computed by combining:
- Traffic in the vehicle zone, ie. number of people passing in the zone where the vehicle is visible;
- Notice, i.e. the percentage of traffic that notices the vehicle;
- Dwell time, i.e. time spent in the vehicle zone.
Quividi’s VidiReports audience measurement software natively delivers the core measurements that precisely match those OVAB requirements to compute the Average Unit Audience:
- Opportunities To See, i.e. the number of people passing in the zone where the vehicle is visible;
- Conversion ratio, i.e. the percentage of passers-by who notice the vehicle ;
- Session time, ie. the time spent in the vehicle zone.
In following OVAB’s guidelines, Quividi showcases a number of advantages:
- it computes the Traffic in the Vehicle Zone and the Notice metric from one single camera, ensuring very precise numbers, without the need for any calibration;
- it delivers additional informative data such as attentive dwell time (ie. the aggregate time within dwell time during which people were attentive to the medium), distance to the screen and demographics profiles;
- its datamining application, VidiCenter, displays intermediate results at any level and any time resolution and offers data integrity checks in order to ensure that reliable results are presented to the user for the desired schedules;
- it already follows the road outlined by OVAB for the future in terms of Specific Ad audience measurements, since it can measure the dwell time for any watcher while a specific content is running, thereby providing precise audience measurements on the basis of content
To provide an example of the type of reports delivered by VidiCenter, Quividi is offering to download a typical VidiCenter dashboard according to the OVAB guidelines, based on real-life data. The data comes from a one-month study of a screen in a pharmacy performed in June 2008.
The report presents metrics such as Vehicle Zone Trafic, Vehicle Zone notice, Vehicle Zone Audience, Vehicle Zone Dwell Time and Average Unit Audience. It also details how Quividi’s and OVAB’s metrics match. Charts are based on an automatically-generated VidiCenter dashboard, available to Quividi’s customers, prospects and partners.
This full report can be obtained at here and freely distributed with mention of the Quividi copyright.